Saturday, February 2, 2008

From Duke to Delaware


From Philly.com:

White changes pick
By Rick O'Brien
INQUIRER SPORTS WRITER

Two months after Duke coach Ted Roof was fired after a 1-11 season, Conestoga wide receiver Nihja White has decommitted from the Blue Devils and made an oral commitment to Division I-AA power Delaware.
White had developed a close relationship with John Gutekunst, Duke's former assistant and recruiting coordinator.
"When they did the firings, the place just wasn't that comfortable to me anymore," White said. "It kind of left me wanting to go in another direction."
Last weekend, White visited Delaware and met with head coach K.C. Keeler and offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca.
"They have a winning program and I'll get the chance to play early in my career," White said. "I like their coaches a lot."
In nine games last season for Conestoga, the 6-foot-3, 200-pound White had 53 receptions for 1,088 yards and nine touchdowns. A first-team all-Southeastern Pennsylvania selection by The Inquirer, he also is a dangerous kick returner.
After Duke left the picture, other Division I-AA schools to show interest in White were Villanova and William & Mary.
----------------------------
Link to the story: Philly.com
Link to Nihja White's Scout's.com Profile: Scouts.com

No comments: