Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mason Takes CAA Tourney Crown


George Mason will look to re-create some of the magic they made a couple years back as they go dancin' with the CAA automatic bid. I had higher hopes for the Hens after handling Drexel in the first round. But a beat down at the hands of UNCW ended any hopes for a miracle run, and ended the season. But overall, I believe we'll look back and say this was the season that turned this program around. Monte has his kids believing in themselves and more importantly going out and competing at a high level every single night.

Let's compare some numbers:
2006-07 Final Overall Record: 5-26
2007-08 Final Overall Record: 14-17

2006-07 Final CAA Record: 3-15
2007-08 Final CAA Record: 9-9

9 more wins overall is a great effort. I was really hoping for 10, but I'll take it.

So I want to congratulate this team for righting the ship. Next year we move into the upper echelon of the CAA...I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. I am a UD alum (1993) who stumbled upon this via the CAA Zone message board. Glad I found it!

Go Blue Hens!